Monday, July 23, 2012

BLACK DOORS

Yes, you heard me.  The latest trend has arrived at my door step.  And even though we rent I am pretty sure my landlord will not mind me making the house look better.  After all he did pay for paint for the interior of the house!!!  And I already have some black paint in the garage calling my name!  But what leaves me holding off is do I do black or brown?  Or maybe even grey?  I am not sure.  I was thinking black because I already have the paint, but now I am not sure.  Comments?  I ran across this ladies blog Rhoda and she is also jumping aboard the craze.  Lets just hope my hubby sees my same desire and over all want for our house to look its finest.  I really just want my nasty white dirty doors to go away, plus the pen design on the interior garage door that my son decided to leave.  lol. 

4 comments:

Renae Moore said...

Thanks for coming by and seeing how I painted all of our doors on 2 levels black...getting ready to tackle the basement. I used a chocolaty black...good luck. BTW..Rhoda is a friend of mine and she liked my doors so much she is now doing them in her house. It really does make a nice statement. Just make sure to get good paint, less 'chippage' that way.
All the best, Renae

Stephanie said...

Hi Renae, Thanks for the input. I think I started painting that night that I wrote my post. I couldn't wait. The dirty white doors were staring at me asking, pleading for help. lol. So far I have 1 and 1/2 doors done! I did already have nice paint and it was black. So to save money I used it. I will post pics when I am done. Steph

Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection said...

I look forward to seeing after pictures! I just started hearing about this black door craze when my FIL said he was going to do it. I said "whaaat?" and he told me to look on Pinterest, lol.

Stephanie said...

Ashley, I actually only have two doors completed. I have pictures and need to post them, I also need to blog, but my toddler is refusing naps on the weekends...pray for me. lol :) I will post pictures soon. My husband even says they look good, and he was not on board at first.