Friday, July 6, 2012

DEEP THOUGHTS

I ran across these thoughts I wrote down from June 2008 and I thought I would share. 
________________________________________________________________________

I write today after having thoughts during praise and worship on Sunday.  I thought came to mind while I was singing amazing grace and there is a phrase that sings…..

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine

It was the forever mine phrase that keeps ringing in my head.  Why are we not possessive over our God? 

Example: Christmas when you were a child.  If it was anything like my childhood being one of seven, when it came time to open gifts you had your spot and were ready to receive.  Then your parents gave you the gift that you franticly opened and gave it the surprise wow look and gasp.  Then later through the day you spot one of your siblings eyeing your prized gift.  You rush over only to say, “This is mine!” 

When someone threatens our beliefs or our God we are so easy to walk over or when Satan tries to kill or destroy?  Why do I not say, No, That is mine!   God has given us something so precious, himself.  What a wonderful gift.  Does it not deserve the surprise wow look and gasp? 

As I write this even now there are things going on in my life that are not in my control and things I don’t understand. But I find peace in him whom gave me the ultimate gift.  And today I say, “He will forever be mine”.

No comments: