Friday, February 13, 2009

Read Between The Lies

So this week has been a good week. I have been fasting a different kind of fast this week. Basically I have taken something bad in my life and replaced it with something good. My bad thing was food. Since medically I cannot just stop eating, I have been eating healthy, basically put myself on a diet, a diet that will not end, just keep going. It has been something I have been wanting to do, just haven't put it into action.

So I have been back to my walking schedule of 2 miles a day and I love it. I feel as though I am back to the place where I need to be. Ever since getting married a year ago it seems as though I have been doing the juggling act with my spiritual life. But this week has helped me put things into a little more prospective.

I think God was just waiting for me to realize that I cannot do this married thing on my own. That in fact, I am going to need Him for the rest of my life. Doesn't matter how many books you read or how much experience you have, you simply just need Him Forever. The sooner sometimes that we realize that the better off we will be. Even when trying to diet, I need him, and it is those little things that I have realized.

There is this song by the Annie Moses Band that I have been listening to all this week. It is called "Read between the lies". The chorus goes like this.............

If I say that I don't need you, then I will go the same without you
Bitter truth lies deep inside, my desperate alibi

Can't you see that my soul is empty, trace the tears that I hide
If you love me, read between the lies

~Steph

No comments: