Monday, March 25, 2013

MONDAY = NEW GOALS

This past weekend I spent every waking moment with my son.  This is a love and sad time for me.  Whenever the hubby works the weekend which is every other week, the boy and I tend to spend alot of time with each other.  And sometimes it is tiring because he insists on waking me up sooooooo early in the am and then when Monday comes and I am at work, I miss him like crazy.  I miss the "mom, fix this" and the "mom, juice" and of course my personal favorite the "uh oh's".  He is a joy to have around and I can say I am never bored.   I still love playing trucks with him and fixing the same one over and over.  And sometimes when he gets into something he shouldn't and after I correct him I smile a little because he is just that cute.  

Last night while saying prayers I asked him who he wanted to bless.  Here is the list...In order.

Pap, Nana, George, Ruby, Rocky (?lol), Racheal...I asked him what about dad, he then blessed Dad's truck.  

ok kid, got that Jesus?  Like I said, never bored.  

I had to share that, So back to my title. New Goals.  Potty training.  I refuse to buy anymore diapers.  Pull ups and underwear that is us.  He will be potty trained by the end of next month.  That is my goal.  I know I can make it happen.  

Another goal.  Feeling happy with my life NOW.  Lately I have read a few random things on women who have written the need to compare themselves to other women and not living up.  So therefore they feel inadiquate and depressed.  This is me, so me.  It seems when we see other mom's doing fun and awesome things with their kids we loose site of the cool and awesome things we do with our kids.  Therefore putting their cool things above ours because the world has set that standard for us.  So we think we are a failure, like me and potty training.  I ask time and time again, is it me? Is it my fault?  Am I not dedicated enough?  HECK YA  I AM. The boy is just not ready! lol Its a funny thing being a mom.  We want the very best for our kids and we strive so hard for it, leaving behind one best thing is for their parents to be happy.  Happy parents make happy kids.  Something I hope I can learn to live by as the years go by.

So, with that said, I cleaned and mopped my house because a clean house MAKES ME VERY HAPPY!!


No comments: